After having kids, the importance of alone time becomes very crucial to keep the fire burning. The communication between couples drops to 90% after having a baby. Therefore, it’s important to set aside some quality time for just the two of you.
However, there are times when it’s not possible to leave the baby alone or when the babysitter is not an option, then the only way left is to plan something creative at HOME.
This blog will give you 27 ideas to try this Valentine’s day with your kid in the next room.
- Play “Would you rather”: Jot down questions to ask each other and you will find out something about your partner which you could have never guessed.
- Give each other sensual massages.
- Chocolate Tasting Night or Ice-Cream Tasting night or any other food, You can even buy lots of junk from the supermarket which you have always wanted to try. Basically a FOODIE night for you two.
- Decorate Mugs for each other or Write love letters, Basically, make any quick homemade gifts which you can cherish for years.
- Have a Video-Game Night.
- Bake Pizza or any other recipe which you haven’t made before but have always wanted to.
- Movie Marathon: Watch a series of movies which you both haven’t seen. Just some popcorn and lots of cuddles.
- Do some fun Personality tests or Couple tests online. This will be a lot of fun to do.
- Bubble Bath for two. Mmm.
- Living Room campout: Put a tent in your living room. Pull out some sleeping bags and snuggle up in the fake campout.
- Strip Trivia: Tease each other with steamy questions to set each other on fire before getting into the actual action.
- Wear same dresses which you wore on one of your special days like the first day you met, the first time you had sex, the day you got engaged etc.
- Set a theme like Asian, Mexican etc. and then have food and watch a movie from their culture.
- Look at your wedding album or all the old photos. This will definitely bring back a lot of wonderful memories.
- Plan about future. Write 5 things each and discuss them with your spouse which you think is really important. It could be as simple as planning how many times are you going to go for an outing or vacation without your child or something as crucial as discussing finances which might increase in near future.
- Do Photoshoots: Buy fun props or just use some online to save some memories of the day.
- Play a competitive game where you write tough questions about yourself and ask them to your spouse.
- Have Karaoke night: Have your spouse dance for you or Dance wildly together.
- Play Cards: Cards are always a fun way to enjoy.
- Prepare Candle Light Dinner in the kitchen itself.
- Or a Romantic Date under the stars. Pick some meal and spread a mattress on your roof to enjoy a perfect date together.
- Turn your bed into Love Shack by decorating it with fairy lights and beautiful flowers.
- Play 2 minutes in heaven: In this, set the timer for 2 minutes and ask your spouse to do whatever you want for your 2 minutes in heaven.
- Prepare your bucket list for steamy things which you two haven’t done yet but would want to do in near future.
- Take Dance lessons on You-Tube. Play any beginner’s video and start dancing together.
- Do a Sexy Tease: Take your spouse to the bedroom in a steamy way.
- Barbeque together. Roast something as simple as marshmallows.
All of these ideas are cheap and easy to do. Something which you can do on a day to day basis when it’s not possible to leave your baby at home. This will make sure that you never compromise with the alone time especially after you have had a baby. Tell us which ideas you liked the best and how did they work out for you? Or any other creative tips which you have so that our fellow Toothless Parents can have a little extra edge of romance on their Valentine’s day. Leave your suggestions in the comments box below.