Having a perfect hospital bag is one of the most demanding decisions you would have to take during your pregnancy. With so many checklists and essentials mentioned on the net, you will definitely have a hard time preparing your own lists.Even when you know what you have to shop for, to buy everything is another major hurdle. Ordering most of the things online is convenient and also cheap.
Therefore, some links have been included in the list. You don’t want to be that mom which carries an oversized trunk, 2 other bags, purse, diaper bag and what nottt . So let’s start with the perfect list you would need for your hospital bags:
Hospital Bag no.1: (Mom’s Bag)
- 2 packs of maternity pads- Buy them online here. Very cheap and simply the best.
- 4 Nursing bra ( bigger than the size you actually wear because usually, your breasts increase in size as soon as you start lactating)
- 2 gowns
- 1 Kurti and 1 maternity top
- 1 Palazzo and 1 pajama
- 4 Pair of socks
- Nursing pads ( in case my breasts leak). Buy yours from Firstcry here.
- Homecoming outfit
- 8 Panties ( because you might stain some due to heavy flow and plus changing frequently also helps prevent infection )
- Slipper flip-flops ( 1 more apart from what you would wear)
- Sleep mask
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, hand wash, body wash, face wash, cleanser, and moisturizer
- Makeup Bag ( Whatever you need)
- Shampoo, conditioner, dry shampoo ( Travel size )
- Prenatal vitamins
- Cocoa Butter ( or any other stretch mark moisturizing cream since stretch marks might appear even after delivery so it’s best that the skin is moisturized ). Read about what oils/creams work best for stretch marks here.
- Any novel or reading material
Hospital Bag no.2: (Baby’s bag)
- 1 baby Blanket
- Side snap onesies or tops- 4 to 5 ( Side snaps because it’s very difficult to put onesie around their head. It might make your child uncomfortable. They are easy to put on too.)
- 5 Baby bibs
- 3-4 Muslin Cloths ( Burp clothes ) – Buy them here
- Diapers ( around 10 )
- 2-3 pyjamas
- Homecoming outfit
- 2 swaddles
- 1 receiving blanket
- Newborn hat
- 3-4 pair of stocks
- 4-5 Sleeveless white vests
- 1 toy
- A gown
- PILLOW is a must!
- Anything which relaxes you like iPod with your favorite music list or iPad with your favorite TV show.
- A birth plan ( like if you want unmedicated delivery or would you want to go for epidurals, position in which you want your baby to be delivered, do you want do skin-to-skin right after the baby comes out of your womb or hold him after the nurse cleanses him up)
NOTE: Not everything can go according to your plan, but it’s okay to prepare one just in case
- Chargers and earphones
- Separate pillows
- Camera/Video Camera
- Change of clothes
- High energy snacks and drinks
- A gift for your partner 😛
- Headache medicine ( there are pretty good chances you will need them)
We hope this hospital bag checklist proves to be helpful for you and your labor journey. All the best!