For Dads

19 Things An Expectant Father Should Do For His Pregnant Wife

05/07/2017
expectant father should do for his pregnant wife

A father is often confused on what he should do for his wife to make her happy during pregnancy and fulfill his role during pregnancy. So here we have put down 21 things an expectant father should do for his pregnant wife.

#1
First off, read about the symptoms she is or will go through during this week and tell her what she can do to make herself more comfortable. In fact, if you can, do some of them yourself. This will show CARE.

#2
Cook some meals for her like a breakfast or a snack. Bring her something which she has been craving as a SURPRISE.

#3
Bring her some ROSES every day.

#4
Offer her FOOT MASSAGES or BACK RUBS.

#5
Click beautiful MATERNITY PICTURES. Buy a good camera and just do it.

#6
Go to DINNER & DATES with her. Also plan out how many times you are gonna go on a date or honeymoon without the baby, once she/he arrives.

#7
Indulge in her cravings
 a little. She would love to share it with someone.

#8
Make a journal or frame pictures of her pregnancy and gift this to her after the baby arrives.

#9
Try to go to SOME hospital appointments with her especially in the third trimester.

#10
If you already have children, talk to them that Mommy needs to relax. Tell them to help her in any way possible.

#11
Loose that Macho attitude and discuss your fears/problems etc. with her. She would really love to listen to them.

#12
Tell her she is Beautiful Every day. (without a fail!)

#13
Don’t tell her she needs to rest or lie down again and again.

#14
Hold her hand/Cuddle her
 whenever possible.

#15
Buy things or gift her like a pretty maternity dress or pregnancy pillow. Anything which makes her life comfortable or makes her feel beautiful.

#16
Dry her tears when she is moody.

#17
Be there for her especially when the due date is near. Try to take a leave.

#18
When she tells you that This is hard/ Men will never know how it feels/ You guys are too weak to handle this, anything which basically touches your male ego, DONOTREACT. Either nod (if you are too offended to agree) or just say Yes, you are very strong. Thank you for doing this for USand OUR FAMILY.

#19
Let her win your next argument
. Or fifty to hundred after that. 😛

expectant father should do for his pregnant wife

Don’t forget to tell us any other of your Super Husband tips that worked for you. We will add it in our list and it might help other expectant couples.

You Might Also Like

31 Comments

• Reply Lee 06/07/2017 at 8:59 pm

This is a great post! It’s definitely something all expectant father’s need to read

• Reply Louann Kristy 06/07/2017 at 9:00 pm

I love this !! All men with pregnant wives should see this! :)

• Reply Zoë 06/07/2017 at 9:12 pm

Such a comforting blog post. Lots of ideas for the father of the baby incase he is clueless… Let’s hope he’s able to make it to all the hospital appointments though haha!

• Reply Marcella Kenny 07/07/2017 at 4:00 am

Great read!, I would love for you to do a guest post for me let me know if your interested.

• Reply admin 07/07/2017 at 12:01 pm

I am interested. I will get in touch with you on FB.

• Reply Christine 07/07/2017 at 8:27 am

I love this! My second pregnancy was just awful and I could have used some more TLC. I’ll be sure to pass this along.

• Reply Sylvie Hanes 07/07/2017 at 8:14 pm

Interesting list! I’m sure there are many men who forget that this is a very challenging time, especially with the raging hormones and mood swings. But it’s a beautiful time and celebrating this is always a great idea! Doesn’t even have to be anything store bought – little notes left here and there go a long way! Thanks for sharing

• Reply alice 07/07/2017 at 8:21 pm

cute post!

• Reply Charlene @ Sporadic Obsessions 07/07/2017 at 8:32 pm

I love love love all of this ideas. These suggestions would make any women feel special. Can we get another one just for boyfriends to do in general! lol

• Reply Shivangi Dikshit 07/07/2017 at 9:55 pm

I feel every man should not only read it but also implement it.
    It’s a beautiful article.

• Reply Tonya Wilhelm 07/07/2017 at 10:14 pm

This is such a great post. How wonderful for Dads to do these 19 things for their wives. True commitment and teamwork!

• Reply Megan Miller 09/07/2017 at 7:07 pm

These are so sweet and took me back to my pregnancy. My husband was WONDERFUL! He even said he misses me being pregnant because he loved taking care of me for once. I was so sick so I didn’t do much during my pregnancy and he learned how to cook a few meals that he will do even now. Having a supportive partner really does make a difference and now he’s the best dad.

• Reply Deepa 10/07/2017 at 3:15 pm

Lovely post and great pointers for expectant fathers. I am going to share it with my friends husbands who are expecting. :)

• Reply Vaidehi 10/07/2017 at 6:34 pm

Yes completely agree cookfor her, it may be as little as a snack and bring some roses for her.

• Reply Betty 10/07/2017 at 10:07 pm

Haha wish I had this post to show my husband when I was pregnant! My favorites are the massages and the cravings. Loved foot rubs when I was pregnant and god knows what I would do for some frozen yogurt!

• Reply Michelle 10/07/2017 at 10:16 pm

This is a beautiful article that every man should read

• Reply manveen 10/07/2017 at 10:41 pm

Aww….lovely lovely ideas!! The one about the arguments was very applicable in our case.

• Reply Phaytea's Pulse 10/07/2017 at 11:47 pm

Awwww..

This is such a lovely read…I’ll save this for the hubby

• Reply Sarah 10/07/2017 at 11:54 pm

Might have to share this with my brother…his wife is currently expecting!

• Reply Candy 11/07/2017 at 12:18 am

This is a sweet post! Especially roses and hugs every day. I also agree that hubbies should learn the symptoms. It’s so helpful, especially when an achy mom is not in her right mindset.

• Reply Young Smarties 11/07/2017 at 5:24 am

Love this post to the max!! Definitely worth reading it! 😉

• Reply Priyadarshani Panda 11/07/2017 at 11:49 am

going to share this with expecting fathers too good …

• Reply jhilmil 11/07/2017 at 12:44 pm

Wow those are something that every husband must do..I’ll forward the same to mine to keep in mind incase we plan 2nd baby;)..massaging back and giving roses is awesome!!

• Reply Jasmine Hewitt 11/07/2017 at 6:12 pm

there’s some really good tips within this post. I personally wouldnt have wanted roses bought for me so often, but thats just me. Anythng I’m craving, however, different story

• Reply Charu Sareen Gujjal 11/07/2017 at 10:52 pm

Such wonderful tips. Point 12 is an absolute must. Women need to be told they are beautiful in and out m, especially when such a major change is going to occur in their life.

• Reply Nayantara Hegde 11/07/2017 at 11:53 pm

This is so beautiful. My husband did do most of these for me and now i am missing that beautiful phase of my pregnancy.

• Reply Renee s 12/07/2017 at 3:30 am

These are really super cute ideas… the roses EVERY DAY seems like a bit much for me though. I’d be happy with once every week 😉

• Reply Tayler Morrell 12/07/2017 at 5:29 am

I love thse so much. M husband was great during both of my pregnancies.

• Reply Cecilia 12/07/2017 at 2:40 pm

Great tips! :) :) My man was very kind to me when I was pregnant, and it made it so much easier :)

• Reply Jenni Petrey 12/07/2017 at 5:35 pm

This is great. All expectant fathers NEED to read this!!

• Reply Chelsea Padgett 13/07/2017 at 2:40 am

These are some great ideas for the fathers to share in the joy of maternity!